Last Updated: May 25, 2018
Compass Minerals Storage and Archive Limited, trading as DeepStore, (“DeepStore,” “we,” “us”) understand your concerns about the privacy of any data you supply to us. This policy explains how we use any personal information about you, it does not override the terms of any contract you have with us, nor does it replace any rights or obligations which you may have under applicable data protection laws.
We collect, store and process personal information of customers of Deepstore solely on their behalf and in this role we are considered as processors, not controllers of personal information. This policy explains the basis on which we will process any Personal Information we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
For the purpose of the European data protection laws, including without limitation the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Compass Minerals Storage and Archive Limited whose registered office address is Astbury House, Bradford Road, Winsford, Cheshire, CW7 2PA.
Information we may collect from you
We collect information about you, such as your name, phone number, email address, or similar, when you register for an account. If you choose to contract services from us, we or our third-party service providers acting on our behalf will collect your payment information and any other information we need to fulfill our obligations to you.
What we do with your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To send you service-related emails about your account or any orders you have with us;
- With your consent, to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to our service; and
- To comply with applicable laws and protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, or investigative purposes.
DeepStore will not share your information for marketing purposes but we may disclose your personal information to third parties including:
- Business partners and sub-contractors, under appropriate data protection and information security measures, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- If DeepStore or the parent company (Compass Minerals International) or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of DeepStore, our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you access permission which enables you to use our online services, you are responsible for keeping the access details and passwords confidential.
Your rights with regard to your personal data
The EU General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights in respect of your personal data, including:
- Right of access. You have the right to request a copy of any information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information please contact us as set forth below. We may request proof of your identity before sharing such information with you.
- Right to rectify your personal data. If you discover that the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you may ask us to correct that information.
- Right to be forgotten. You may ask us to delete information we hold about you in certain circumstances. It may not be possible for us to delete all of the information we hold about you where we have an ongoing relationship, however please contact us and we will do our best to assist with your request.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where we process your data on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us.
In addition to the above, you may also ask us to stop or restrict processing of the personal data we have about you. You may also ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party in certain circumstances. If you would like any other information on these aspects of your rights, please contact us.
How we protect your personal data
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal data will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk.
How long we retain your personal data
We will retain your personal data only for so long as may be necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by applicable law, or as otherwise required for our legitimate business interests.
Should you nonetheless have unresolved concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority, or you may contact the Office of the Information Commissioner in the United Kingdom at www.ico.org.uk, by telephone on +44 (0)303 123 1113 or by writing to this address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF United Kingdom.